We rent video, podcast, and audio engineering equipment at some of the most affordable rental rates in Calgary. We offer expert tutorials with our rentals on the basics of professional equipment.
Professional HD video camera with fixed lens. Make professional YouTube video, lecture video, music videos or interview video for the price of a rental. Although lighting is recommended three CCD chips ensure great shooting (without noise) even in low light. Several XLR audio inputs for professional audio microphones and Lav microphones.
Sony HDR-FX7 3CMOS HDV 1080i Camcorder
This professional video camera has 3CMOS sensors for great image quality. This camera has a full sized HDMI output perfect for live streaming or live video. Full HD 1080i HD recording to tape. Although it takes a little longer to process taped recordings they are inexpensive compared to P2 cards and offer unlimited shooting (just pop in a new tape every 60 to 90 minutes). We offer post production services with this camera if you’d like your video processed into a modern digital format such as mp4.
• This camera has a single basic 3.5mm TRS external audio input. If additional audio is desired consider adding our Zoom H5 recorder or rent our HVX-200 instaed with two XLR inputs.
VIXIA HF G10 Flash Memory Camcorder
This is a higher quality consumer grade rental camera. Although it doesn’t have as many features as our professional cameras the quality of video footage is very comparable. It’s difficult to tell the difference for most. The image quality of this camera is surprisingly good.
• More user friendly and automated than our professional cameras
• Shoots to dual convenient SDXC SD cards or 32 gig of internal memory. Video editing and rendering isn’t as necessarily with this style of camera
• 3.5 mm audio input and on-board condenser mic
• Shoots in full HD 1080p. Native format allows hours of shooting on a single SD card
• Better than average shooting in lower light with an exceptional low lux feature. Has a larger lens for a consumer grade video camera
Cannon Vixia RF800 video camera
This is our entry level consumer grade rental camera. It’s our most portable camera, it nearly fits in your pocket.
• Although it shoots 1080p it has a smaller lens and sensor, the HD footage isn’t as sharp as our other cameras. This is especially true in lower light where video noise is an issue. This camera will produce the best quality footage outdoors with plenty of light.
• This the most user friendly and convenient camera to use. It’s the only rental camera that shoots straight to mp4. It has the least need for video editing and rendering for that reason.
• Mini HDMI output
• 3.5 mm audio input
• Great camera if you are broadcasting live video to another room or streaming.
In some cases long videos (over an hour) may be broken into separate files and need merging in post, if one file is desired we can help with that.
Manfrotto 501 Camera Stand
This high quality professional stand features a fluid head for smooth camera tracking. Very stable sturdy stand with all of the features pros need.
HD Video Capture Card
This AVer Media HD capture card is great for…..
• Live streaming footage from our professional or consumer grade cameras. See our page on full service live streaming for more information.
• Up to 30 FPS video.
• Record nearly unlimited footage from a camera for long shoots. A laptop with this capture card can record hours of beautiful HD footage through OBS. Great for fixed position cameras when P2 cards are in short supply.
• Can be used with software for video switching purposes
• YouTube instructional or tutorial videos when screen capture is required. This is an ideal solution if your audience needs to see your screen.
• Gamers who wish to stream gameplay to Twitch.
• This card has on-board graphics processing, it runs smooth and won’t affect your CPU.
Zoom H5 Handy Audio Recorder
A portable mini recording studio. The perfect audio accessory for professional videography, musicians or podcast work. This particular model features high quality low-noise pre-amps. Records high quality audio to an SD card up with and on board stereo X Y microphone and two XLR inputs for wireless lav or shotgun microphones.
Battery LED Portable Lighting Kit
Have a YouTube channel you’d like to improve? Want to shoot your own wedding video? Allot of the magic of professional video comes from the lighting. This portable battery powered LED lighting kit is a great solution for professional video. Slide in included diffuser or add an umbrella for even softer more flattering light. Dial in different colour temperatures with yellow and white LEDs dimmer on the back of light. Sandbags recommended if shooting outdoors.
Sennheiser G4 Wireless Lav
One of the best wireless microphones on the market today. High quality unit that produces clean, clear and reliable audio. A battery powered wireless receiver and transmitter makes it suitable for videography, interviews and portable PA systems.
Comica Wireless Lavalier
Our favorite wireless system next to Sennheiser. Great feature rich 48 channel wireless system with a lower price point. We use our own lav microphones with the Comica wireless systems to produce high fidelity, clean audio. Comica is the only wireless system with dual a battery powered dual channel receiver (perfect if you are interviewing two people).
Purple Panda Lavalier Mic
Why be wireless if your subject is stationary? This is a great sounding microphone that can be connected with or without wires.
Shotgun on a Boom Microphone
Shotgun condenser microphones aren’t for duck hunting. Instead they feature excellent noise rejection - they are very focused wherever you point them. We carry a few different great sounding Shotgun microphones Rhode, Takstar and Apex.